Writing is like sex, and I can prove it.
- You need to be in the mood to get inspired to write.
- While some writers are in the mood to write every day, your mood waxes and wanes.
- When you’re in the writing ‘zone,’ your wild (i.e. subconscious) mind takes over.
- When your wild mind takes over, you keep your hand moving.
- When your hand keeps moving and the writing flows, everything around you drops away.
- When everything around you drops away, you forget about eating, drinking, sleeping.
- When you can’t forget you’re hungry, thirsty or tired, you’re probably faking it….